Thursday, March 08, 2007

I don't think it's that bad, after all.

Suffer On --- By Ronny Park
March 8, 2007

When times are short of mellow
And traffic gets you down,
When you turn to friend or fellow
And instead of smile, they frown,
Remember that I love you
Across all the miles and days,
And find the strength to suffer on
In a million different ways.

Suffer on with gladness
For the lessons you are learning,
Suffer on with dignity
For the self respect you're earning,
Suffer on with charity;
Many can't, but you are stronger,
Suffer on, because I'm watching you
And now I'll suffer on a little longer.

Back in ancient days, before modern usage changed the syntax of the word "to suffer", it was used to mean "endure", "last", and even "triumph".
So when you think of all of the things that you suffer through, don't forget that others like me are watching, thinking that if you can...maybe I can, too. And remember that everything you are suffering...you are enduring.

1 comment:

Dice said...

Oh dear.... for some reason I started to cry a little after reading this? You bring up a good point. I guess it hits semi-close cause I've been "enduring" more than most people care to know lately..... Inching past things slowly trying to leave a lot of pain in the past.... WOW... thank you