Saturday, January 05, 2008

Why I Never Learn My Lesson:

I would just like to take a brief moment to say, HA. Ha ha ha ha ha, ha ha. This goes out to all the hundreds of students who waste time studying every day. Those who camp out in the library, who give up opportunities to grab pizza on the way to (or in lieu of) classes, and those who don't date because they "are too busy with school".

I am here to tell you that all of these "time proven" and "classic" strategies of study are overrated. And I MIGHT get thrown into Karma hell for saying this, but it's true this semester. At least for me.

Can I get a witness that I did not go to class for at least 1/3 of the semester, not because I had any truly pressing engagements or emergencies, but mostly because I just "didn't feel like it"? Or that I stayed up all night the week of finals watching Youtube videos and knitting, instead of cramming? For one of my finals, I literally just walked in and took it without looking at a book beforehand. But did this stop me from having a positive attitude? No, it DID NOT!

Alas, my friends. I fear that I may be permanently ruined by my continuous occurences of freak academic luck. If we had skin on our teeth, as the adage says, mine would probably be gone by now, due to frequently catching the edge of an grade with minimal effort on my part. It only adds insult to the injuries of fairness that I got an A in almost every class. Indeed. I am probably going to be punished for this in the long run.

But for now, I'm not sorry!

2 comments:

Janell said...

Witnessed! (And a frequent contributor to the pizza-distraction.)

Does that include Greek and Genealogy?

Congrats on the irrefutable evidence that you are a genius.

N.F. said...

Dittoed!