Monday, January 14, 2008

Double Deuce

In exactly four minutes, I will be 22 years old.

So yeah, that's cool. But what have I accomplished? Well, er... hummm... Let's make a list:

When I was in 6th grade I won a writing contest for high school students, and I think I got published in a book of short stories somewhere, but good luck finding it

I walked at 8 months, which means it only took me 240 days to figure out how to stop falling down. "Take that gravity, booyah!" I would have said, if I could speak.

One time I saved a kid who was almost drowning.

I didn't quite suck at snowboarding as much as I thought I would the last time I went.

When I was ten, I got up in front of like 5,000 people and sang "Hero" by Mariah Carey. I think that was when I was too young to be scared out of my mind of singing in front of large groups.

I won DECA State two years in a row, in Financial Managment Decision Making. I never studied, and I hate banks.

I've been to Disney World twice.

I once got to participate in a Pirate ship activity that involved throwing cannonballs.

I've been to Nassau.

A few months ago, I finally got to go to Graumann's Chinese Theater. Matt Damon has freakishly small hands.

I graduated high school and went on to college. Trust me, where I come from, that's way cool.

I kissed the 2004 national DECA president on live television.

I've been on TV lotsa times. Lame, KBYU TV.

I have still never been arrested.

I once drove Hawthorne Heights to a haunted house, and made up a story that made the base player scream like a little girl.

When I was in high school, Reel Big Fish came into Coldstone while I was working and I had them sign my timecard for my brother.

I've never drank alcohol, smoked, or puked in a sock drawer.

I've written about 5 book outlines, but still no proposals.

I almost pierced my belly button, once. (Robbie wouldn't let me, but I would have)

I lived in Hawaii, and jumped off waterfalls almost every day after work.

I lived in Vail, and it was freaking cold.

I tripped over Shaun White.

I can play one song on the guitar. I don't know the words yet.

I have two of the coolest brothers EVER.

I made friends with a four year old who doesn't like ANYBODY. And I did it with cheese.

I could sing the entire score of Phantom of the Opera, with lyrics, when I was 8.

I taught roughly 60 people how to salsa dance one summer.

I once taught someone my own version of the discussions, three days before I never saw her again. I wonder if she ever read the book I gave her.

I lived in a nudist colony camp for a week when I was 14, but there was a strict "clothes on in front of visitors" policy. Thaaankfullyyy...

I've done nine internships.

My mom still doesn't know about the time I got in trouble at girls camp for stealing 40 lbs of green beans. We gave em back! Eventually.

I go to BYU, I'm over 21, and I'm still single!

I still talk to my best friend from when I was 12.

I still haven't graduated, and I don't care if I was supposed to.

I have remained alive and relatively healthy for 21 years, 23 hours, and five minutes. And still breathing!

And now, for my greatest accomplishment of all, I am going to try to go to bed before midnight!!! (A first in a very long time)

2 comments:

Janell said...

You're awesome!

GypsyKid said...

eesh. too bad about that greatest accomplishment of all.. better luck next time ;)