Monday, March 31, 2008

Academic Karma Rears its Ugly Head

I would like to take this opportunity to formally apologize for everything I've ever said about school. I like school... school is my friend. Nice University, please don't bite me.

So, yeah. This semester has been like the train that goes through the intersection that you're sitting at, hoping that it will be just a few cars because you're already late for work and you really don't have time to sit and watch as the many graffitti'd boxes on wheels go by... but just your luck it's always the forty-five car train that seems to have no end and is all empty cars anyway so wtf do they have that many to begin with....

That's what it's been like. The whole semester. One ridiculous and totally unnecessary (not to mention irritating) delay after the other. Road blocks at every turn, and the promise of VERY severe consequences if I step out of line even ONCE. The problem, of course, being that I've gotten so used to making my own rules that I can't necessarily even remember where the line I'm supposed to be in is...

Just so you know, (and this is merely for posterity) I'm learning my lesson. A lesson that is hard, uncheatable, and apparently, worth about 35% of my overall grade. Yikes.

1 comment:

Janell said...

You know most speech writers have an underwriter. Would that be justification enough for me to procrastinate my own work and lend you a hand?