Monday, September 10, 2007

Don't Follow My Footsteps, They Go in Circles

Tell me who you walk with,
And I'll tell you who you are.
But don't walk this way with me
My friend, you won't get very far.

Because the steps I take are rather strange
The path unsure and bent.
The words I've carved along the way
Are not the ones I meant.

I never said I knew the way
To where it is we're going.
So don't look to me for assurance
I'm tired of pretended knowing.

Don't look at me to exemplify
The traits you want to learn.
I'm years away from translating
These things through pain I've earned.

Don't walk with me if you are lost
And need someone beside you.
I'm just as lost as you, or more
And will hinder more than guide you.

4 comments:

Janell said...

If we are on such different ways
Could we at least have walkie-talkies
On which to chat about our days?

;)

GypsyKid said...

:)

see my deleted post in your facebook email.

Vandersun said...

I would love to communicate via smoke signals or cans with strings. I didn't mean I want to be alone, just not a totem for anyone.

Janell said...

I vote for semaphores then! Mostly because I love the word.