Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Musical Dysfunctionality, In the Key of V Sharp

The music I listen to is as eclectic as I am.

The soundtrack that accompanies my life, as set on shuffle, begins with a few classics from Andrea Bocelli, the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, and then jumps to a lively number by a band called the Plain White T’s. Michael Buble is accompanied by some jams from the eighties, David Bowie and then New Order. Black Eyed Peas make an appearance, also some salsa dance music by a Portuguese artist, I’m not sure what he’s called.

Recently, I've been giving some thought to how this reflects on me as a person. If I could have one wish granted me (under the stipulation that it had to be completely frivolous), I think I would choose to have a motion picture style soundtrack follow me wherever I go. That way, whenever I walked into a room, (depending on the room) everyone would stop and stare in awe as I strutted through the doors to Better Than Ezra’s Juicy, or ACDC Back in Black.
If it was a date, it would be No Sleep Tonight by the Faders. A chance meeting with a hot stranger would be Fever, probably the Beyonce version. Cutting loose and going with your inner urges would call for Ashlee Simpson’s LaLa. And, of course, everyone has to have a seductive “You’re mine, you just don’t know it yet” song. Mine would be Invincible by Ok Go.
Walking away would always be Madly by Cake. And whenever I get really pissed off, someone should blast I’m So Sick by Flyleaf. People would be so terrified of me they would probably cower. I’d love that.
No one can ever tell when I’m so worried I want to scream, but if I had a soundtrack for that mood it would be Restless by Evanescence. Most of my problems in romance are caused when the soundtrack fits You Don’t See Me, from the Josie soundtrack. No girl’s life would be complete without a little Kelly Clarkson, and mine in particular reminds me a lot of Hear Me at the moment. Or Hold On by KT Tunstall. Yeah. If I had a groove, it would be just as confusing and unrelated as each moment of my life seems to be.

But unlike my life at the moment, it would ALWAYS freaking ROCK.

1 comment:

Janell said...

This reminds me of a "Lyrics of 2007" post I have in the works. It'll, of course, be posted at the end of 2007. This rather inspires me to make a "first half" of the year post though ^-^

Currently, I favor "Breakaway," myself. . .